Top 3 key events and data
• Euro area – Focus on debt auctions in Spain and Italy
• UK – GDP data to show the economy avoided another negative quarter in Q1-2012
• US – Housing market remains uninspiring
• China’s slowdown to weigh...
Top 3 data/events
• Euro area – Hollande vs. Sarkozy in France; early elections in the Netherlands?
• Australia – CPI inflation was likely well contained in Q1
• India – Upside risks to USD-INR intensifying
• Note: Conference call on the Fren...
Top 3 data/events
• China – Moderating GDP and IP growth should further highlight China’s soft landing
• South Korea – The BoK should keep the base rate on hold for a 10th month
• US – Trade is unlikely to support growth in Q1
Key events and data
• Malaysia – CPI remains subdued, but inflation expectations have picked up
• Taiwan – Labour market remains resilient, despite slower external trade
• Thailand – BoT to keep rates on hold given concern about inflation expect...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
This report provides an economic outlook for more than 60 economies worldwide and investment implications for commodities, credit, equities, FX and interest rates markets in 2014. We expect a better 2014, with world economic growth picking up and inflation staying benign. Global growth should increase to 3.5% in 2014 from 2.7% in 2013, helped by improvements in economic activity in the US and Europe. A pick-up in growth in the West is good news for the rest of the world, and we expect emerging economies’ growth to outpace G7 growth by almost 4 percentage points.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2014 Standard Chartered Bank