First-round voting on 5 October may not produce a winner; a second-round vote is likely on 26 October
• President Dilma has retaken the lead in recent polls and the BRL remains the regional underperformer
• Marina’s inability to consolidate early ...
Eduardo Campos’ (PSB) death has turned Brazil’s presidential elections upside down
• Marina Silva’s confirmation as the PSB’s candidate has dramatically increased its chances of victory
• We expect a positive market response to a Marina Silva wi...
• Risks of an El Niño event have risen, with potentially damaging consequences for some crop yields
• Our studies show global CPO stocks to be the most vulnerable to an El Niño event in the 2014/15 season
• Such an event could elevate inflation ...
• Africa is key to Brazil’s push to increase its strategic importance
• As a fellow Lusophone country, relations with Angola are especially important
• Brazilian companies have played a key role in Angola’s reconstruction; this is part of Angola...
Argentina’s economic crisis is not over; USD-ARS and local rates are likely to move higher
• Inflation is expected to spike, and the economy to contract; this is bad news for Brazil
• The trade links between Brazil and Argentina are significant
Most of the coincident and leading indicators point to Q2-2013 being as weak as Q1-2013
• Additionally, the breakdown of key indicators suggests H2-2013 will be worse than initially thought
• We lower our GDP growth forecast for 2013 to 2.2% from ...
Temporarily weaker oil output and a continued global slowdown will likely pressure the BoP in 2013
• External accounts should trough in 2013, with continued improvement from 2014 onwards
• By 2020, Brazil’s oil and derivatives production is set t...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank