• As governor of the Bank of England from July 2013, Mark Carney is likely to face ongoing challenges
• UK rates look set to stay on hold long after the BoC starts to hike; we expect more QE will be needed
• FX – Expected policy continuity at both...
Top 3 key events and data
• China – Late-quarter slide in USD-CNY may bring April rebound
• Hong Kong – Retail sales likely remained resilient
• US – Durable goods progress endures
• Friday’s FX rebalancing will likely result in h...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
This report provides an economic outlook for more than 60 economies worldwide and investment implications for commodities, credit, equities, FX and interest rates markets in 2014. We expect a better 2014, with world economic growth picking up and inflation staying benign. Global growth should increase to 3.5% in 2014 from 2.7% in 2013, helped by improvements in economic activity in the US and Europe. A pick-up in growth in the West is good news for the rest of the world, and we expect emerging economies’ growth to outpace G7 growth by almost 4 percentage points.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2014 Standard Chartered Bank