• Data indicates continued economic recovery; strong industrial data offset weak export growth in Feb-Mar
• We lower our 2015 inflation forecast to 0.4% y/y (from 0.8%) and raise our 2016 forecast to 1.8% (1.4%)
• We think the CBC will keep the po...
• RGI rose 2.3% m/m in January, the fastest gain in eight months; index shows steady momentum
• We see upside risk to USD-CNY in the near term; band widening is unlikely until at least H2-2015
• Shanghai FTZ spearheads capital account liberalisati...
• Top 3 data/events
• Japan – May exports likely slowed; BoJ minutes unlikely to surprise
• Thailand – BoT’s easing cycle is likely over
• US – Housing starts likely edged lower; CPI may have continued rising
• Market focus
• Growth impact...
Latest Taiwan data shows growth momentum picking up and inflation edging higher
The recent student protest is likely to have only a minimal impact on the near-term growth outlook
Policy makers may consider shifting to a neutral monetary stance and...
We expect a further pick-up in domestic economic activity in H2 and a positive tech-sector outlook
• USD-TWD is likely to consolidate in Q3 on TWD NEER, weaker seasonality and a stronger USD outlook
• We maintain Neutral short-term and Overweight...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank