• Top 3 data/events
• Japan – May exports likely slowed; BoJ minutes unlikely to surprise
• Thailand – BoT’s easing cycle is likely over
• US – Housing starts likely edged lower; CPI may have continued rising
• Market focus
• Growth impact...
Latest Taiwan data shows growth momentum picking up and inflation edging higher
The recent student protest is likely to have only a minimal impact on the near-term growth outlook
Policy makers may consider shifting to a neutral monetary stance and...
We expect a further pick-up in domestic economic activity in H2 and a positive tech-sector outlook
• USD-TWD is likely to consolidate in Q3 on TWD NEER, weaker seasonality and a stronger USD outlook
• We maintain Neutral short-term and Overweight...
This supersedes the version dated 11 March 2013. Corrects government’s 2013 growth forecast to 3.59%.
• The government has raised 2013 GDP growth to 3.59% y/y; recent data suggests an improving outlook
• Tech-sector recovery will boost capex and ...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank