• Benefits of previous rate cuts are emerging – housing market is picking up, KOSPI is rallying, credit is increasing and policy makers are becoming less dovish
• We maintain our view of no rate change this year
• We maintain our Neutral outlook o...
Our RGI rose 0.14% m/m in February on lower deposits in Hong Kong and slower cross-border flows
• Likely inclusion of the Renminbi in the IMF’s SDR basket could lead to faster internationalisation
• The launch of China’s deposit insurance scheme i...
• Overview – In a challenging market environment, macroeconomic and policy divergence – the ‘new normal’ – remains the critical foundation of our updated views and forecasts, with the US economy, USD and US rates leading the way higher. This will ev...
• BoK cuts the base rate to a record-low 1.75%, against consensus
• We expect no further easing this year
• We recommend Underweight short-term FX weighting on the KRW and Neutral on KTB duration
Event – The Bank of Korea (BoK) surprised the market today by cutting the base rate by 25bps to 1.75%, a record low – even lower than the level reached during the global financial crisis in 2009. The move was against the market consensus view of no ...
• RGI rose 2.3% m/m in January, the fastest gain in eight months; index shows steady momentum
• We see upside risk to USD-CNY in the near term; band widening is unlikely until at least H2-2015
• Shanghai FTZ spearheads capital account liberalisati...
• 2014 was another strong year for CNH market development, with the RGI rising 53%
• We outline our top 10 calls for 2015 for the Renminbi and its internationalisation
• Formosa bonds are set to receive more policy support; KRW-CNY direct trading ...
Top 3 data/events
China – Inflationary pressure likely remained subdued
Philippines – Global influences weigh on remittance growth
UK – Unemployment likely continued trending lower in August
We expect the BoK to keep the base rat...
• Domestic demand reflects recovering consumer sentiment, but supply-side sentiment remains soft
• While industrial activity signals an expansion, trade flows have weakened due to China’s slowdown
• We think the BoK will stay on hold in September;...
A new methodology capturing Korea’s overseas activity is a key driver of the BoK’s stronger trade data
• We believe this is a more significant driver than the change in the treatment of shipbuilding orders
• We raise our current account surplus f...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank