• Top 3 data/events
• Chile – We revise up our USD-CLP forecast
• South Africa – SARB seen on hold despite CPI move higher
• Euro area – Flash PMI indices likely to signal Q2 GDP contraction
• Market focus
• Asia’s exports to China have slowe...
Top 3 key data/events
• Hong Kong – April CPI inflation likely remained unchanged at 4.9% y/y
• Nigeria – We now expect the CBN to keep the MPR on hold this year
• UK – Door left ajar for QE3 as inflation concerns diminish
• Market focus
• Q1 T...
Top 3 key events and data
• India – We expect a deficit projection of 5.3% in the FY13 Union budget
• Singapore – February’s NODX should rebound, led by pharmaceutical exports
• Brazil – COPOM minutes could provide clues for future rate decisio...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
This report provides an economic outlook for more than 60 economies worldwide and investment implications for commodities, credit, equities, FX and interest rates markets in 2014. We expect a better 2014, with world economic growth picking up and inflation staying benign. Global growth should increase to 3.5% in 2014 from 2.7% in 2013, helped by improvements in economic activity in the US and Europe. A pick-up in growth in the West is good news for the rest of the world, and we expect emerging economies’ growth to outpace G7 growth by almost 4 percentage points.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2014 Standard Chartered Bank