• Overview – In a challenging market environment, macroeconomic and policy divergence – the ‘new normal’ – remains the critical foundation of our updated views and forecasts, with the US economy, USD and US rates leading the way higher. This will ev...
G10: Custodian clients turned net buyers of USD-CAD in February
Asia: SCTF Aggregate Flow Index shows that our clients turned net buyers of USD-THB
Africa: SCTF Aggregate Position Index shows that our clients are short USD-ZMW, long USD-ZAR
This supersedes the version dated 14 November 2014. Page 1, corrects ‘Key data/events’ table.
• Top 3 data/events
• Japan – Q3 GDP likely reflects weak recovery momentum
• Singapore – NODX likely grew for a third straight month
• United States ...
• G10: Corporates turned large buyers of USD vs. AUD in October; custodians increased USD-CHF shorts
• Asia: SCTF Aggregate Position Index shows that our clients reduced longs in USD-IDR
• Africa: SCTF Corporate Position Index shows that our clien...
Top 3 data/events
China – Inflationary pressure likely remained subdued
Philippines – Global influences weigh on remittance growth
UK – Unemployment likely continued trending lower in August
We expect the BoK to keep the base rat...
This supersedes the version dated 18 August 2014. Amends title of China item.
• Top 3 data/events
• China – Balanced supply and demand of FX onshore in July
• UK – CPI inflation likely remained at 1.9% in July
• US – We expect a moderate reco...
• We investigate volatility slopes for EUR-USD, GBP-USD, EUR-JPY and USD-JPY
• We find similar statistical profiles and mean-reverting properties across currency pairs
• We find that on average the volatility slopes considered for these pairs mean...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank