• Top 3 data/events 28 April 2014
• Japan – BoJ likely to stay put; industrial production likely rebounded
• South Korea – IP backed by strong exports
• Euro area – Rise in April CPI may alleviate policy-action pressure
• Market focus
Broad USD weakness, technicals and positioning could support the THB further near-term
• Real-money funds are underweight Thai local markets; as they cover their shorts, THB could rally further
• Fundamentally, we like this trade and will look to...
• Near-term, the market will focus on the sharp rise in UST yields and the risk of the Fed tapering QE3
• The SGD NEER may trade into the weak half of policy band; SGD to underperform G3
• We stand aside for now on the SGD given market volatility...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank