Our clients are optimistic – 78% expect better or similar growth prospects versus last year
• They expect BSP to keep policy rates unchanged, versus our call of a rate hike in Q4-2015
• Only 13% expect a stronger PHP versus the USD (below 44.00) b...
GDP growth accelerated to 6.9% y/y in Q4-2014 from 5.3% in Q3; q/q SA growth was 2.5%
• We expect robust GDP growth to continue throughout 2015, with risks to the upside
• USD-PHP is supported by positive fundamentals, and could continue to outper...
GDP growth accelerated to 6.4% y/y in Q2 from 5.6% in Q1; a 1.9% q/q seasonally adjusted increase
• Better external demand helped; manufacturing and services were buoyant
• We maintain our short- and medium-term Neutral FX weighting on the PHP due...
We upgrade our 2014 growth forecast to 7.1% from 6.7%; Q1 growth likely to come in at 6.5% y/y
• Growth will likely be supported by the robust domestic sector and improving external outlook
• With El Niño looming, food inflation is likely to be th...
We expect further remittance growth on a recovery in global growth and post-typhoon reconstruction
• Our models therefore estimate c.2.0-2.5% more support in 2014 than in 2013
• We expect remittance growth to remain positive for GDP growth, curren...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank