RGI fell in March, the first time since Oct-2012, on a weak CNY, lower deposits and less Dim Sum issuance
• Since March, however, CNY has stabilised, southbound flows have risen and CNH liquidity has improved
• Renminbi trade settlement remains s...
• RGI rose 2.3% m/m in January, the fastest gain in eight months; index shows steady momentum
• We see upside risk to USD-CNY in the near term; band widening is unlikely until at least H2-2015
• Shanghai FTZ spearheads capital account liberalisati...
RGI rose 1.2% m/m in November; trade settlement is a key driver, as 22% of China’s trade settled in RMB
• By end-2015, we expect the RGI to reach 2,500 and Renminbi deposits in Hong Kong to reach CNY 1.05tn
• Dim Sum issuance this year should be ...
• We add New York to our RGI, reflecting rising Renminbi payment flows and CNH FX turnover
• New York enjoys time-zone advantage, massive trade with China, and rising investor interest in the RMB
• We summarise the latest Renminbi developments in...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank