Hedge funds in the UK and US have significantly reduced long USD positions, awaiting clear trends
• Real-money funds are focused on relative value, favouring O/W AXJ vs. Latam currencies and O/W INR
• European corporates perceive long-term value i...
RGI rose 1.2% m/m in November; trade settlement is a key driver, as 22% of China’s trade settled in RMB
• By end-2015, we expect the RGI to reach 2,500 and Renminbi deposits in Hong Kong to reach CNY 1.05tn
• Dim Sum issuance this year should be ...
CNY may weaken mildly near-term, despite the lack of a depreciating signal from the fix
• Tightness in both onshore and offshore liquidity likely to persist, keeping forward points elevated
• We close our short USD-CNH 6M DF position and look for ...
USD-CNY and USD-CNH spot has bounced off 6.14 and CNH forward points remain elevated
• Near-term CNY gains may be muted on mixed July data and broader USD gains
• Leveraged accounts should take profit on their short USD-CNH 6M DF positions...
USD-CNY fix retreated by 0.3% in just two days amid China-USD SED talks and June trade data
• USD-CNY NDF curve has extended steepening, with USD-CNH 6M NDF marginally higher than a week ago
• Leveraged accounts long USD-CNY 6M NDFs vs. short USD-...
• We add New York to our RGI, reflecting rising Renminbi payment flows and CNH FX turnover
• New York enjoys time-zone advantage, massive trade with China, and rising investor interest in the RMB
• We summarise the latest Renminbi developments in...
Top 3 data/events
• China – Manufacturing PMI is on a weakening trend
• Japan – Q2 Tankan survey is likely to show continued improvement
• NZD – Revised NZD-USD forecasts
• Market focus
• EM local markets are likely to consolidate near-ter...
USD-CNH forwards edge up on spot rebound and broad US dollar strength, favouring our USD long
• Retreat in CNY’s trade-weighted value on the JPY rebound moderates case for higher USD-CNY fixes
• Selling USD-CNY NDF 5M against our existing USD...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank