Expanding supply chains and increased openness drove rapid trade growth in past decades
• But trade has been weak since the 2008-09 crisis; there is talk of a structural slowdown
• We believe the outlook is improving and trade will soon grow fas...
• We previously analysed aggregate foreign positioning in local currency in SC FIRST, assessed our own data sources for a more accurate fund-flow analysis, and generated insights on foreign-investor heterogeneity
• We can now generate insights on d...
• For the first time, President Chavez has designated a successor
• His announcement leads Venezuela into another period of political uncertainty
• Any adjustment to the exchange rate is likely to be delayed as a result of the unclear political b...
• Markets are obsessed with the health of President Hugo Chavez and the potential electoral outcomes
• Recent polls show Chavez leading opposition candidate Henrique Capriles
• The government’s candidate benefits from the power of the purse, and c...
• Internal dynamics to exert greater influence on regional credit, FX and rates markets
• While global factors still weigh, several countries face major inflection points
• We detail the five key topics that should drive asset prices in five majo...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
The world economy is in transition. Global growth rates are picking up, but transition means elevated risks and volatility.
In terms of global implications, all eyes will be on the US and China, with the US normalising monetary policy and China rebalancing its economy.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2014 Standard Chartered Bank