You are cordially invited to join us for an update call at 09:00 GMT on Thursday 5 February (and Q&A) with:
• Paul Horsnell, Head, Commodities Research, London
• Our regular Commodities Update calls provide clients with the latest u...
• You are cordially invited to join us for an update call at 09:00 GMT on Thursday 29 January (and Q&A) with:
• Chris Leeds, Director, Energy Sales, London
• Nicholas Snowdon, Director, Metals, Commodities Research, London
• Paul Horsnell, He...
• We expect lower oil prices to directly impact the GCC’s growth outlook
• Recent oil-price decline is a reminder that government expenditure cannot rise indefinitely
• Energy-subsidy reform should become a priority given reduced fiscal heardroom...
The audience at our Global Research Briefing events was broadly positive about the 2015 outlook
• The geopolitical backdrop was the principal source of concern
• Our clients in the region were evenly split about the outlook for GCC inflation and o...
• We revise our GDP growth forecast down on oil output, which is constrained by the operating environment
• The security situation has worsened substantially in recent months
• Oil potential remains vast but thwarted for now
• The non-hydrocarbon sector continues to show subpar metrics
• Moody’s has downgraded Bahrain again
• Refinery output capacity should rise by 38%
• Hydrocarbon-based economies are using their fiscal strength to drive near-term growth and diversify their economies to reduce long-term risks. Oil importers are constrained by high domestic subsidy bills and weak investment; this is hampering econ...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank