Global trade – It’s only resting
• Productivity – Increasingly critical as the demographic dividend fades
• Inequality – Widening within, but narrowing between, countries
• Financial inclusion – Its potential as a poverty fighter
• ASEAN – G...
Productivity, the rate of output (GDP) per unit of input (capital and labour), is a critical driver of sustainable economic growth and income. The perception that Asia is a low-productivity region is out of date. Since 2000, Asia’s productivity perf...
Top 3 data/events
• Bangladesh – Improving sentiment in the T-bond market
• Malaysia – Exports likely remained healthy in January
• Taiwan – Exports likely rebounded sharply following seasonal effects
• Market focus
• India’s national electio...
We see growth improving across the region, despite recent financial-market distress. Fretting over the growth outlook because of portfolio outflows is missing the point, in our view. We think more optimism is in order, as simultaneous growth in majo...
To paraphrase Mark Twain, the reports of the death of EM bond markets have been greatly exaggerated. Increased global allocations to local EM bond markets have been not cyclical but primarily structural in nature, reflecting these markets’ rising ec...
• Worries over the impact of eventual US tightening and policy actions in China may have affected markets, but Asia’s underlying macro resilience remains intact. Domestic demand indicators have been holding up. We have downgraded our 2013 growth for...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank