RGI fell in March, the first time since Oct-2012, on a weak CNY, lower deposits and less Dim Sum issuance
• Since March, however, CNY has stabilised, southbound flows have risen and CNH liquidity has improved
• Renminbi trade settlement remains s...
Our RGI rose 0.14% m/m in February on lower deposits in Hong Kong and slower cross-border flows
• Likely inclusion of the Renminbi in the IMF’s SDR basket could lead to faster internationalisation
• The launch of China’s deposit insurance scheme i...
• RGI rose 2.3% m/m in January, the fastest gain in eight months; index shows steady momentum
• We see upside risk to USD-CNY in the near term; band widening is unlikely until at least H2-2015
• Shanghai FTZ spearheads capital account liberalisati...
• 2014 was another strong year for CNH market development, with the RGI rising 53%
• We outline our top 10 calls for 2015 for the Renminbi and its internationalisation
• Formosa bonds are set to receive more policy support; KRW-CNY direct trading ...
RGI rose 1.2% m/m in November; trade settlement is a key driver, as 22% of China’s trade settled in RMB
• By end-2015, we expect the RGI to reach 2,500 and Renminbi deposits in Hong Kong to reach CNY 1.05tn
• Dim Sum issuance this year should be ...
RGI now includes Seoul and Paris, reflecting their contribution to Renminbi deposits and payment flows
• Excluding the new centres, August was a slow month for the RGI amid lingering China macro concerns
• Paris is well placed to enjoy recent pol...
• RGI m/m growth was the slowest in 20 months, reflecting lingering negative effects from prior months
• Survey shows little rebound in CNH activity; onshore companies are increasing usage
• Shanghai FTZ is off to a good start; many respondents ar...
• Top 3 data/events
• Europe – New clearing banks set to boost RMB internationalisation
• Taiwan – May IP, job data likely shows a recovery in growth momentum
• Singapore – May inflation likely supported by private transport costs
• Market focu...
• Top 3 data/events
• Malaysia – Inflation may remain high on supply-side factors
• Taiwan – Recovery in global demand likely supported orders data
• Euro area – Consumer confidence should keep improving
• Market focus
• QE was tapered a furt...
• Taiwan clients are most concerned with CNY volatility; close to 90% expect CNY appreciation in 2014
• 90% of clients plan to increase Renminbi asset allocation in next three months, 10% to decrease
• Regulators are actively promoting the Formo...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank