• We add New York to our RGI, reflecting rising Renminbi payment flows and CNH FX turnover
• New York enjoys time-zone advantage, massive trade with China, and rising investor interest in the RMB
• We summarise the latest Renminbi developments in...
Top 3 data/events
• Japan – Weak retail sales in June likely amid growing deflation risk
• Taiwan – Leading indicators index to reflect weak external demand
• United States – We cautiously look for a durable goods rise
• Market focus
Top 3 key events and data
• Korea – Industrial production in negative territory
• Taiwan – GDP growth to moderate in Q1
• US – Q1 GDP likely to disappoint
• Australia’s money market is pricing in major RBA easing; a warning for the...
Key events and data
• Malaysia – CPI remains subdued, but inflation expectations have picked up
• Taiwan – Labour market remains resilient, despite slower external trade
• Thailand – BoT to keep rates on hold given concern about inflation expect...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
This report provides an economic outlook for more than 60 economies worldwide and investment implications for commodities, credit, equities, FX and interest rates markets in 2014. We expect a better 2014, with world economic growth picking up and inflation staying benign. Global growth should increase to 3.5% in 2014 from 2.7% in 2013, helped by improvements in economic activity in the US and Europe. A pick-up in growth in the West is good news for the rest of the world, and we expect emerging economies’ growth to outpace G7 growth by almost 4 percentage points.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2014 Standard Chartered Bank