Our clients are optimistic – 78% expect better or similar growth prospects versus last year
• They expect BSP to keep policy rates unchanged, versus our call of a rate hike in Q4-2015
• Only 13% expect a stronger PHP versus the USD (below 44.00) b...
• The Philippines emerges as the best performer in Asia in Q4-2014
• Thailand’s growth tracker signals a pick-up in GDP from very soft levels; Indonesia’s GDP remains soft
• Current account trackers are stronger than before
We see growth improving across the region, despite recent financial-market distress. Fretting over the growth outlook because of portfolio outflows is missing the point, in our view. We think more optimism is in order, as simultaneous growth in majo...
Top 3 data/events
• Philippines – GDP growth likely remained robust in Q2
• South Korea – Slight improvement in IP is expected
• Italy – Improving sentiment despite political uncertainty
• Market focus
• Talk of Asia being in a 1997-98-style ...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank