Focus: The long-term story of zinc mine closures offers little fundamental support to prices in 2015
• Further signs that US shale oil output is falling; we expect the decline to accelerate in May
• Robust strength of China’s apparent copper deman...
Focus: The recession in the US oil and gas industry is set to be the second largest in the past 65 years
• China’s aluminium semis exports fell in March, constrained by lower ex-China physical premiums
• US crude oil inventories continue to rise;...
• Focus: Power demand in Saudi Arabia is likely to reduce oil exports over the next two quarters
• Rebound in China’s SME confidence points to improving metal supply-chain activity in March
• Oil prices spiked higher briefly following Saudi-led ai...
Focus: A rise in uncompleted wells implies that US oil output is falling faster than the consensus view
• China’s nickel deficit is expected to grow in H1
• Global oil surplus is heavily concentrated in the US and is entirely in crude oil rather t...
Focus: Our 2016 supply and demand forecasts are now available in Standard Chartered Scenarios
• Latest China metals production data points to a mixed picture for demand conditions in early 2015
• Oil prices have fallen sharply, primarily due to a ...
• Margin pressures, capex cutbacks and asset disposal were dominant themes at Indaba 2015
• Copperbelt producers remain under intense margin pressure at current copper price levels
• Zambia’s new royalty-tax regime is likely to drive more cutbacks...
• 3-month LME copper breaks lower on a lack of confidence about China amid talk about financing deals
• Market has overreacted to the possible outcome of unwinding, in our view; we do not see it happening
• We maintain our full-year price foreca...
• China – We revise up our forecast for copper demand growth for this year to 9%, after a strong summer
• Mine costs – We see a dramatic rise in operating costs for copper, with Chile losing competitiveness
• LME warehousing – We expect continued ...
Copper consumers in China maintain low-inventory strategy on bearish price outlook and tight credit
• Recent macro policy changes aimed at supporting growth have not boosted consumers’ confidence
• We maintain 5% growth forecast for China’s 2013 ...
China has issued a regulation to tighten supervision on commodities used in financing
• The regulation is likely to reduce leverage and encourage the unwinding of financing deals
• 3M LME copper faces downside risks in the near term, but the impa...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank