Focus: After six months of increase, US oil inventories are falling sharply relative to seasonal norms
• Rising LME stocks point to a nickel market surplus in Q2
• OPEC meets on 5 June; policy is unlikely to change, but Saudi statements likely to ...
Focus: The main contribution to oil-market rebalancing has come from demand
• ILZSG data shows the refined zinc market quarterly surplus in Q1-2015 was the largest since 2011
• The decline in US shale oil output looks set to accelerate in June and...
Focus: We expect conventional non-OPEC oil supply to fall sharply in H2
• China’s copper imports strength in April points to improving demand conditions
• US oil supply looks set to fall for the rest of 2015, despite a gradual recovery in rig coun...
Focus: Low gas prices are reducing coal’s share of the US power mix; regulation is adding to that move
Base metal prices have risen strongly, although supply and demand fundamentals remain sluggish
Oil prices have firmed on the first sign of possi...
Focus: The long-term story of zinc mine closures offers little fundamental support to prices in 2015
• Further signs that US shale oil output is falling; we expect the decline to accelerate in May
• Robust strength of China’s apparent copper deman...
Focus: The recession in the US oil and gas industry is set to be the second largest in the past 65 years
• China’s aluminium semis exports fell in March, constrained by lower ex-China physical premiums
• US crude oil inventories continue to rise;...
• Focus: Power demand in Saudi Arabia is likely to reduce oil exports over the next two quarters
• Rebound in China’s SME confidence points to improving metal supply-chain activity in March
• Oil prices spiked higher briefly following Saudi-led ai...
Focus: A rise in uncompleted wells implies that US oil output is falling faster than the consensus view
• China’s nickel deficit is expected to grow in H1
• Global oil surplus is heavily concentrated in the US and is entirely in crude oil rather t...
Focus: Our 2016 supply and demand forecasts are now available in Standard Chartered Scenarios
• Latest China metals production data points to a mixed picture for demand conditions in early 2015
• Oil prices have fallen sharply, primarily due to a ...
• Margin pressures, capex cutbacks and asset disposal were dominant themes at Indaba 2015
• Copperbelt producers remain under intense margin pressure at current copper price levels
• Zambia’s new royalty-tax regime is likely to drive more cutbacks...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank