Focus: A rise in uncompleted wells implies that US oil output is falling faster than the consensus view
• China’s nickel deficit is expected to grow in H1
• Global oil surplus is heavily concentrated in the US and is entirely in crude oil rather t...
• Overview – In a challenging market environment, macroeconomic and policy divergence – the ‘new normal’ – remains the critical foundation of our updated views and forecasts, with the US economy, USD and US rates leading the way higher. This will ev...
Focus: Our 2016 supply and demand forecasts are now available in Standard Chartered Scenarios
• Latest China metals production data points to a mixed picture for demand conditions in early 2015
• Oil prices have fallen sharply, primarily due to a ...
• You are cordially invited to join us for an update call at 09:00 GMT on Thursday 19 March (with Q&A) with:
• Nicholas Snowdon, Commodities Research, London
• John Dennis, Executive Director, Head, Base Metals Sales
• Bradley Campbell, Execu...
Sluggish China demand has outweighed mounting supply constraints in driving price action so far in 2015
• The turn lower in aluminium physical premia should generate medium-term support for LME prices
• The copper concentrate market deficit has st...
Focus: Softness in the zinc physical market points to continued near-term relative underperformance
• China’s preliminary trade data shows falls in copper imports and aluminium product exports
• Key monthly oil reports are due in the next week; we...
• Focus: Drilling in the Bakken shale has fallen by 42% in three months; output is likely to fall in April
• China’s metal demand growth moderated but did not collapse in January
• Oil prices have continued their rebound, but are still low enough ...
• Focus: Nickel was in surplus in 2014; however, we expect the market to move into deficit in 2015
• Further rig-count falls reinforce our view that US shale oil output growth will disappear in April
• ICSG data shows copper concentrate market de...
• Margin pressures, capex cutbacks and asset disposal were dominant themes at Indaba 2015
• Copperbelt producers remain under intense margin pressure at current copper price levels
• Zambia’s new royalty-tax regime is likely to drive more cutbacks...
• Focus: The fundamental outlook for OPEC has improved rapidly, particularly for H2
• Further signs of slowdown in China’s metal demand keep sentiment muted
• Brent prices have rallied above USD 60/bbl on expectations of a rapid weakening in non-O...
If this is a public computer please consider checking this box carefully.
Please access our research via your Straight2Bank account
Digital technology is transforming the economy and society. Adoption, not invention, has the most economic impact. Technology can lift developed countries if they embrace change. New technologies offer more opportunities than challenges for emerging markets.
About Standard Chartered
Group investor relations
Group media centre
WB media centre
Copyright © 2015 Standard Chartered Bank